ISLAMABAD, February 16, 2018: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are key observations of the proceedings during fifth sitting of the 52nd Session:
- The National Assembly met for an hour and 47 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1038 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Leader of the House (Prime Minister) and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 23 (7%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 32 (9%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PPPP, APML, PkMAP and AJIP attended the sitting.
- Three minority members were present.
- On behalf of Chairman Standing Committee on National Health Services, a member of the Committee presented reports on the Health Services Academy (Restructuring) Bill, 2017 and the Islamabad Healthcare Regulation Bill, 2017.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding portrayal of peaceful pashtoons as terrorists in a recent mock anti-terrorist operation exercise in Multan.
- Another CAN regarding mal-practices in Utility Stores was deferred on request of relevant minister.
- The House did not take up a Motion of Thanks to the President for his address to the Parliament.
- The House took up seven out of 33 Starred Questions for answers during the Question Hour. The lawmakers asked 19 supplementary questions as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- Four points of order consumed seven minutes of the proceedings.
- A PTI lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1224 hours which led to the adjournment of the sitting till February 19, 2018.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, May 15, 2020: The 21st Session of National Assembly was prorogued on Friday after concluding debate on the situation arising out of COVID-19 pandemic…
ISLAMABAD, May 13, 2020: The members of both sides of the aisle in National Assembly continued discussion on the situation arising out of COVID-19 pandemic…
ISLAMABAD, May 11, 2020: The National Assembly on Monday met after a gap of around two months to discuss the situation arising out of the…