- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, March 13, 2020: The National Assembly did not take up its regular agenda on Friday and discussed the government strategy to avoid spread of Coronavirus in Pakistan, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the fourth & last sitting of the 20th session:
- The National Assembly met for an hour and 37 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1102 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting for forty minutes while rest of the proceedings was chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 45 (13%) members were present at the outset and 65 (19%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of BAP attended the sitting.
- Five out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not consider legislative business, six periodical reports of the standing committees, a motion under Rule 259, a motion of thanks and two Calling Attention Notices.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not observe the question hour and passed a motion to take up the questions in the next session.
Order and Institutionalization
- Twenty-two lawmakers spoke on points of order for an hour and 27 minutes which were mostly related to government efforts as well as future course of action to avoid spread of Coronavirus in Pakistan.
- The Session was prorogued sine die.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers is available on the National Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Budget Session Prorogued after PM Speech ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2020: The National Assembly concluded its budget session on Tuesday after speech of Prime Minister in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…