ISLAMABAD, December 16, 2015: The National Assembly suspended its regular agenda on Wednesday to commemorate the first anniversary of attack on Army Public School (APS) in Peshawar during eighth sitting of ongoing 27th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The National Assembly met for four hours and 23 minutes
- The sitting started at 1038 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours
- The Speaker chaired the sitting for an hour and 22 minutes while the Deputy Speaker presided over the rest of the proceeding
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting
- Eight Federal Ministers attended the sitting
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 65 minutes
- 33 MNAs (10%) were present at outset and 11 (3%) at adjournment of the sitting
- The parliamentary leaders of APML, AMLP and PML-Z were present
- Seven minority members were present
Representation and Responsiveness
- Moved by Federal Minister for Climate Change, the House adopted a motion seeking to suspend the regular agenda.
- The lawmakers unanimously passed a resolution paying tribute to the victims of the attack on APS in Peshawar last year.
- As many as 33 lawmakers spoke on the resolution for 234 minutes.
- The House also offered prayers for the victims of APS attack.
Order and Institutionalization
- Members spoke on five Points of Order consuming eight minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
To download the factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, February 17, 2020: The National Assembly passed three government bills on Monday and adopted a resolution to extend an Ordinance, observes the Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, February 14, 2020: The National Assembly deferred debate on economic situation in the country due to absence of relevant ministers in the House, observes the…
ISLAMABAD, February 14, 2020: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan addressed the Joint Session of Parliament for the fourth time on Friday, says Free and Fair…