ISLAMABAD, May 31, 2016: The National Assembly adopted a motion to suspend its regular agenda for the Budget 2016-17 on Tuesday during first sitting of 33rd session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The lawmakers consumed entire first sitting to pay respect to deceased MNA Malik Iqbal Mehdi Khan and wish good health to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif who had undergone cardiac surgery in London.
The House was adjourned to meet again on June 3, 2016 at 1700 hours.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The National Assembly met for 49 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1730 hours against the scheduled time 1700 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Prime Minister and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- Ten Federal Ministers attended the sitting.
- 117 MNAs (34%) were present at outset and 57 (17%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, BNP-A, AMLP, JUI-F, PML-Z, ANP and QWP attended the sitting.
- Seven minority members were present.
- Moved by Federal Minister for Law and Justice, the House adopted a motion to suspend the regular agenda for entire session to consider the Budget 2016-17.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on 27 Points of Order consuming 40 minutes of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 25, 2021: The National Assembly could not transact any business after Question Hour due to lack of quorum on Monday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, January 22, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday and was adjourned as a mark of respect for…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 29, 2020: The National Assembly passed two government bills and adopted three resolutions to extend the timeline of as many ordinances, observes…