ISLAMABAD, May 20, 2016: The National Assembly addressed its entire agenda except a Calling Attention Notice on Friday during tenth and last sitting of its 32nd session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The session was prorogued on conclusion of its business.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The National Assembly met for two hours and 33 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1036 hours against the scheduled time 1030 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present.
- The Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Twelve Federal Ministers attended the sitting.
- 36 MNAs (10%) were present at outset and 18 (5%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-F, PkMAP, PML-Z and APML attended the sitting.
- Seven minority members were present.
- Moved by the Parliamentary Secretary for Interior and Narcotics Control, the House passed the Criminal Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2015.
- A member of the Standing Committee on Ports and Shipping presented the periodical report of the Committee for the period from July, 2015 to December, 2015.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eleven out of 32 Starred Questions appearing on the agenda were taken up and responded to by the relevant ministers. The lawmakers also asked 22 supplementary questions.
- The government replied to a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding lack of facilities for disabled students in Federal Universities while another CAN was not taken up.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on 19 Points of Order consuming 52 minutes of the proceeding.
- A PTI lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1210 hours but it was found complete on counting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 28, 2021: The National Assembly left 97 percent agenda unaddressed on private members' day and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes…
ISLAMABAD, September 27, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Monday except question hour due to lack of quorum, observes…