ISLAMABAD, December 9, 2015: The National Assembly transacted most of its business on Wednesday during third sitting of its 27th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The National Assembly met for three hours and 32 minutes
- The sitting started at its scheduled time of 1030 hours
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for 68 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired rest of the proceeding
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 95 minutes
- Ten Ministers attended the sitting
- 23 MNAs (7%) were present at the outset and 13 (3%) at adjournment of the sitting
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, JI, JUI-F, PML, ANP, PML-F, AMLP, APML and QWP-S were present
- Eight minority members were present
- Ten members applied for leave
- The Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs laid before the House the Pakistan International Airlines Corporation (Conversion) Ordinance, 2015.
- Chairman Standing Committee on Water & Power presented the report of the Standing Committee on the National Energy Efficiency and Conservation Bill, 2015.
- The Periodic Reports of the Standing Committees on National Health Services, Regulations & Coordination, Ports & Shipping, Kashmir Affairs & Gilgit Baltistan, and Parliamentary Affairs were also presented before the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up 14 of 31 starred questions appearing on the agenda. The lawmakers asked 22 supplementary questions as well.
- Minister of State for Water and Power responded to a Calling Attention Notice regarding non-removal of high tension wires from Ilm-Din Colony, Mian Channu resulting in the death of a woman due to electromagnetic field produced by the said high tension wires.
- Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs responded to a Calling Attention Notice regarding decrease in the production of cotton in the country due to inefficiency of the concerned departments.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers spoke on 39 Points of Order consuming 118 minutes of the proceeding of the House.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
To download the factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, April 02, 2020: Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) urges the government and opposition parties to steer the country through the most critical health…
Seven of Worst-Hit Countries have their Parliaments in Session to handle Pandemic ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2020: The Parliament and the provincial assemblies should take center…
124 Lawmakers Participate in the Proceedings Session Cut Short by a Week due to Concerns over Coronavirus ISLAMABAD, March 13, 2020: The National Assembly passed bill…