ISLAMABAD, February 22, 2016: The National Assembly adopted a motion of thanks to the President on Monday during seventh sitting of 29th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The motion was pending on the agenda for last seven months.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The National Assembly met for three hours and four minutes while also taking 22-minutes long prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1605 hours against its scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for 58 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceeding.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for two hours and 16 minutes.
- Eight Federal Ministers attended the sitting.
- 24 MNAs (7%) were present at outset and 68 (20%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, PML-Z, QWP-S, JI and APML were present.
- Four minority members were present.
- A member of the Standing Committee on Science and Technology presented the report of the committee on the National University of Sciences and Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2016.
- Chairman of the Standing Committee on Cabinet Secretariat presented the Periodical Report of the committee.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The government orally responded to 13 out of 31 starred questions while the lawmakers asked 17 supplementary questions as well. The written replies of 14 out of 19 unstarred questions were also provided.
- The government replied to two Calling Attention Notices regarding water filtration plants installed in Islamabad and lack of adequate security checking system at Torkham border.
- The House adopted the motion of thanks to the President of Pakistan for his address to the Parliament last year. Two lawmakers and the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs spoke on the motion for 35 minutes. The House rejected an amendment moved by PPPP lawmaker to the motion.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers spoke on nine points of order consuming 17 minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on website of National Assembly.
To download the factsheet in Urdu, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…