ISLAMABAD, March 2, 2021: The National Assembly addressed 47 percent agenda on Private Members’ Day and passed two bills as reported by the Standing Committees, observers Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Tuesday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during sixth sitting of the 29th session:
- The National Assembly met for an hour and 21 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1150 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Sixty-four (19%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 49 (14%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary Leaders of BAP, GDA, PPPP and JWP were present.
- Seven minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House passed two private members’ bills including the Ibadat International University, Islamabad Bill, 2021and the Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Bill, 2020 as reported by their relevant Standing Committees.
- A total of 31 reports of the Standing Committees on as many bills and two reports of a Standing Committee on as many started questions were presented in the House.
- The House did not consider 13 private members’ bills, 14 reports of the Standing Committees, nine resolutions, six motions under Rule 259, four amendments to the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in National Assembly 2007 and two Calling Attention Notices.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 4, 2021 (Thursday) at 1100 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 80% of its agenda and adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, April 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted three supplementary resolutions, says Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, April 11, 2021: NA-75 Sialkot-IV (Daska) by-election held on April 10, 2021 witnessed low incidences of electoral violations as procedures were generally transparent and…