ISLAMABAD, December 11, 2015: The National Assembly transacted its entire business except a motion of thanks to the President on Friday during fifth sitting of ongoing 27th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The National Assembly met for two hours and 30 minutes
- The sitting started at 1035 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for first two hours while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the sitting
- The Prime Minister did not attended the sitting
- Eight ministers attended the sitting
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting
- 38 MNAs (11%) were present at outset and 14 (4%) at adjournment of the sitting
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, JI, AMLP, BNP, APML, PML-Z, QWP-S and JUI-F were present
- Six minority members were present
- Fourteen members applied for leave
- The Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Resources laid before the House the Income Tax (Second Amendment) Ordinance, 2015 on behalf of the Federal Minister for Finance, Finance, Revenue, Economic Affairs and Statistics.
- The House passed a resolution to extend the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (Amendment) Ordinance 2015 for a further period of 120 days with effect from December 26, 2015.
- The Chairman Standing Committee on Information Technology & Telecommunication presented before the House the report of the committee on the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Bill, 2015. The report was tabled after the House approved with majority vote a motion seeking to condone the delay in its presentation.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up 12 out of 34 starred questions appearing on the agenda. The members also asked 16 supplementary questions.
- The House took up two Calling Attention Notices (CAN) regarding non-completion of Takht Bhai Over-Head Bridge and non-representation of three provinces in Population Census Board.
- Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs responded to the CAN regarding Takht Bhai Over-Head Bridge and the matter was referred to the relevant standing committee. The other CAN was responded to by Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Resources.
- Moved by Federal Minister for Climate Change, the House approved a supplementary motion seeking to authorize the Speaker to constitute a parliamentary committee on Privatization of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA).
Order and Institutionalization
- Members spoke on 17 Points of Order consuming 51 minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
To download the factsheet, Click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, April 20 2021: The National Assembly (NA) deferred private members’ business on Tuesday and considered a supplementary resolution seeking debate on the issue of…
ISLAMABAD, April 19, 2021: The National Assembly (NA) passed two government bills and discussed current law and order situation in the country, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, April 16, 2021: The National Assembly (NA) transacted most of its agenda and consumed 75 percent of the proceedings in points of order related…