ISLAMABAD, June 16, 2016: The National Assembly continued the general discussion on the Budget 2016-17 on Thursday during 12th sitting of 33rd session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The National Assembly met for five hours and 29 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1105 hours against the scheduled time 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for 16 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired rest of the proceeding.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 53 minutes.
- Twelve Federal Ministers including the Finance Minister were present.
- 28 MNAs (8%) were present at outset and 18 (10%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, JI, PML-Z, QWP-S and ANP attended the sitting.
- Seven minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Sixteen lawmakers – six belonging to PML-N, four to PPPP, two to PML-F and one each to PkMAP, PTI, ANP and Independent – took part in the general discussion on Budget 2016-17 consuming four hours and 20 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on three Points of Order consuming 11 minutes of proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on National Assembly website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, April 23, 2021: The 32nd session of the National Assembly (NA) was prorogued on Friday without transacting its agenda amid protest of…
ISLAMABAD, April 20 2021: The National Assembly (NA) deferred private members’ business on Tuesday and considered a supplementary resolution seeking debate on the issue of…
ISLAMABAD, April 19, 2021: The National Assembly (NA) passed two government bills and discussed current law and order situation in the country, says Free and…