ISLAMABAD, June 16, 2016: The National Assembly continued the general discussion on the Budget 2016-17 on Thursday during 12th sitting of 33rd session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The National Assembly met for five hours and 29 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1105 hours against the scheduled time 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for 16 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired rest of the proceeding.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 53 minutes.
- Twelve Federal Ministers including the Finance Minister were present.
- 28 MNAs (8%) were present at outset and 18 (10%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, JI, PML-Z, QWP-S and ANP attended the sitting.
- Seven minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Sixteen lawmakers – six belonging to PML-N, four to PPPP, two to PML-F and one each to PkMAP, PTI, ANP and Independent – took part in the general discussion on Budget 2016-17 consuming four hours and 20 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on three Points of Order consuming 11 minutes of proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on National Assembly website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 19, 2021: The National Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Friday and was prorogued sine die, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, November 17, 2021: The Majlis-e-Shoora passed 33 bills including the Elections (Second Amendment) Bill, 2021 amid protest and walkout of the opposition, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, November 16, 2021: The National Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and consumed 83 percent part of its proceedings’ time in…