ISLAMABAD, August 21, 2020: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday as a mark of respect for chief of the National Party, Senator Mir Hasil Khan Bizenjo, who passed away yesterday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of 25th session:
- The National Assembly met for 39 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1104 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Speaker and Deputy Speaker presided over the proceedings for 21 and 18 minutes respectively.
- The Leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Sixty-one (18%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 109 (32%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N and GDA attended the sitting.
- Five minority lawmakers were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not consider the regular agenda and debated the political struggle of Chief of National Party, Senator Mir Hasil Khan Bizenjo. Twelve lawmakers participated in debate for 28 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 24, 2020 (Monday) at 1600 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Monday and passed three government bills, observes Free…
Senate Discusses Economic Situation, Gilgit-Baltistan Elections Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Senate on Monday discussed economic situation of the country and recently held…