ISLAMABAD, February 4, 2020: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Tuesday to express solidarity with Kashmiris in their struggle for self-determination and called upon the UN Security Council to enforce a peaceful settlement of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute, observes Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of the 19th session:
- The National Assembly met for two hours and 54 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1120 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting for two hours and 11 minutes while the Deputy Speaker presided over the remaining proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 14 (4%) members were present at the outset and 147 (43%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BAP, PML-N, ANP and MMAP attended the sitting.
- Six out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- Tabled by Chairman Parliamentary Committee on Kashmir, the House adopted a resolution to condemn Indian atrocities in Jammu and Kashmir and called upon the UN Security Council to enforce a peaceful settlement of the dispute in accordance with its resolutions. Earlier, Seventeen lawmakers participated in a debate on Kashmir issue for two hours and 19 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on February 6, 2020 (Thursday) at 1100 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is available on the National Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and took up five Call Attention Notices (CANs) on Friday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and issues related to law and order,…
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda and passed three government bills, observes Free and Fair…