ISLAMABAD, June 5, 2020: The National Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday to express condolence over the demise of Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal Pakistan (MMAP) lawmaker Munir Khan Orakzai, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of the 22nd session:
- The National Assembly met for 43 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1610 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire proceedings while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- Eighty lawmakers (23%) were present at the outset and 101 (30%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N and MMAP attended the sitting.
- Five minority lawmakers were present.
- The House suspended the regular agenda paid tributes to political struggle of deceased lawmaker. Six lawmakers highlighted the political career of deceased MNA and spoke for 29 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 8, 2020 (Monday) at 1600 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Budget Session Prorogued after PM Speech ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2020: The National Assembly concluded its budget session on Tuesday after speech of Prime Minister in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…