ISLAMABAD, August 7, 2020: The National Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday to express condolence over the demise of PML-N lawmaker Syed Iftikhar ul Hassan, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during second sitting of 24th session:
- The National Assembly met for 42 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1130 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire proceedings in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Ninety lawmakers (26%) were present at the outset and 114 (33%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, BAP and GDA attended the sitting.
- Five minority lawmakers were present.
- The House suspended the regular agenda and adopted a resolution to condole the death of MNA Syed Iftikhar ul Hassan from NA-75 (Sialkot-IV). Twelve lawmakers and Advisor to Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs highlighted the political career of deceased MNA and spoke for 30 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 10, 2020 (Monday) at 1100 hours, However, a Circular about change in timings was issued on August 8, 2020 and the Speaker called sitting at 1600 hours on August 10, 2020 instead of 1100 hours in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (b) of sub-rule (2) of rule 49 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the National Assembly, 2007.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, April 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly was adjourned on Wednesday without taking up any agenda item except question hour due to exchange of harsh…
ISLAMABAD, April 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted its entire agenda and passed two government bills, says Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, April 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan referred four bills to the relevant standing committees and deferred a private member’s resolution due to…