ISLAMABAD, April 10, 2018: The National Assembly did not take up its regular business on Tuesday to express condolence over the demise of PPPP lawmaker Muhammad Ayaz Soomro who passed away last month, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of the 55th session:
- The National Assembly met for an hour and 10 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1716 hours against the scheduled time of 1700 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire proceedings while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- Fifty-six lawmakers (16%) were present at the outset and 92 (27%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Five minority lawmakers were present.
- Tabled by PPPP lawmaker, the House adopted a resolution to express condolence over the demise of PPPP lawmaker Muhammad Ayaz Soomro. Twenty-one lawmakers spoke on it for 59 minutes and paid tributes to political struggle of deceased lawmaker.
- The House did not take up Private Members’ business.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House offered prayers for the soul of deceased PPPP lawmaker.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 19, 2021: The National Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Friday and was prorogued sine die, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, November 17, 2021: The Majlis-e-Shoora passed 33 bills including the Elections (Second Amendment) Bill, 2021 amid protest and walkout of the opposition, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, November 16, 2021: The National Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and consumed 83 percent part of its proceedings’ time in…