ISLAMABAD, August 5, 2019: The National Assembly did not address its agenda on Monday and was adjourned after summoning of joint session of Parliament by the President to review the tense situation in Indian-occupied Kashmir and along the Line of Control, observers Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of the 13th session:
- The National Assembly met for eight minutes.
- The sitting started at 1803 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 54 (16%) were present at the outset and 113 (33%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- As many as four out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on Orders of the Day.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 8, 2019 (Thursday) at 1100 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is available on the National Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, October 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 83 percent agenda on Monday in the absence of leaders of the House…
ISLAMABAD, October 18, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Monday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…