ISLAMABAD, March 16, 2018: The National Assembly’s 54th session was prorogued on Friday after addressing its entire agenda for the day, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are key observations of the proceedings during sixth (last) sitting of the 54th Session:
- The National Assembly met for two hours and four minutes.
- The sitting started at 1045 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present.
- The Leader of the House (Prime Minister) and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 18 (5%) were present at the outset and 36 (11%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, PPPP and JI attended the sitting.
- As many as six minority members were present.
- The Standing Committee on Defence, Planning, Overseas Pakistanis and Federal Education and Professional Training presented their periodical reports for the period July – December, 2017.
Representation and Responsiveness
- TheHouse took up a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding non-provision of new gas connections to the Sindh consumers while another CAN was dropped due to absence of the concerned lawmaker.
- The House took up 11 out of 35 Starred Questions for answers. In addition, the lawmakers asked 24 supplementary questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers spoke on 12 points of order consuming 22 minutes of the proceedings.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, February 17, 2020: The National Assembly passed three government bills on Monday and adopted a resolution to extend an Ordinance, observes the Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, February 14, 2020: The National Assembly deferred debate on economic situation in the country due to absence of relevant ministers in the House, observes the…
ISLAMABAD, February 14, 2020: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan addressed the Joint Session of Parliament for the fourth time on Friday, says Free and Fair…