ISLAMABAD, January 9, 2018: The Balochistan Assembly’s session was prorogued on Tuesday after the opposition lawmakers withdrew No Confidence Motion against the Chief Minister over the latter’s resignation, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the first and last sitting of the Assembly’s 47th session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for seven minutes.
- The sitting started at 1718 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Leader of Opposition attended entire sitting.
- As many as 41 lawmakers (63%) were present at the outset and 34 (52%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of NP, JUI-F, BNP, BNP-A, MWM and ANP were present during the proceedings.
- Three minority members also attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- A PML lawmaker withdrew the Motion of No Confidence against the Chief Minister as he had already resigned from his office.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly deferred question hour due to ministerial absence and adopted three resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly passed two government bills and adopted a resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, August 06, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up its entire agenda on Friday and adopted three resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…