ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned early on Friday without addressing its regular business due to protest of the opposition parties, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 22nd sitting of the 5th session:
- The House met for 20 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1530 hours against the scheduled time of 1430 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended entire sitting.
- As many as 72 MPAs (44%) were present at outset and 86 MPAs (52%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of PPPP, MQMP, TLP, MMAP and GDA attended the proceedings.
- Eight out of nine minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers belonging to GDA, MQMP and PTI protested on the floor of the House for two minutes against remarks of President PPPP about `Muhajirs’ during his speech in Joint Session of Parliament on August 7,2019. They desired to move a resolution against PPPP President but the Chair disallowed them and adjourned the House to meet again on August 19, 2019 (Monday) at 1430 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, February 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan took up entire Private Members' agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, February 21, 2020: The requisitioned session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab could not start debate on price control and law and order situation due to…
ISLAMABAD, February 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted a resolution on Friday amidst protest by the opposition…