ISLAMABAD, May 28, 2018: The Sindh Assembly on Monday witnessed farewell speeches by outgoing lawmakers during last sitting of its current term (2013-18), observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 13th (last) sitting of the 40th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for two hours and 20 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1210 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) and the Opposition Leader attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 76 (46%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 120 (72%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, PPPP, MQM, PTI and PML-F attended the sitting.
- Eight minority lawmakers were also present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Ten outgoing lawmakers delivered farewell speeches on the last day of the incumbent Sindh Assembly (2013-2018) consuming two hours and ten minutes of the proceedings.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Sindh Assembly passed the Sindh Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2021 amid opposition’s protest on Friday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, November 25, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and passed three government bills on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…