- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2019: The National Assembly did not take up most of its agenda on Friday and consumed major part of the proceedings in points of order related to political matters and arrest of PML-N leadership, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in the Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during sixth (last) sitting of the 13th session:
- The National Assembly met for an hour and 27 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1117 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House (Prime Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour three minutes.
- As many as 71 (21%) were present at the outset and 97 (28%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary Leaders of GDA, BAP, PML-N, PML, MMAP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- As many as six out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not consider legislative agenda, three reports of Standing Committee on Law and Justice, two Calling Attention Notices and a statutory report.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Tabled by the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, the House passed a motion to express gratitude to the President for his address to both Houses assembled together on September 17, 2018.
- The House did not observe the Question Hour.
Order and Institutionalization
- Six lawmakers spoke on points of order for an hour and six minutes.
- PML-N lawmakers walked out of the House at 1225 hours against arrest of their leadership and did not return till adjournment of sitting at 1244 hours.
- PTI lawmakers protested for 11 minutes during the speech of a PML-N lawmaker while the PML-N legislators also protested for seven minutes during the speech of Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs.
- The Session was prorogued sine die.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is available on the National Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, July 10, 2020: The National Assembly addressed its entire agenda on Friday and discussed agriculture and tourism related issues through points of order, says…
ISLAMABAD, July 9, 2020: The National Assembly transacted its entire agenda on Thursday but was adjourned due to lack of quorum after opposition’s walkout from…
ISLAMABAD, July 8, 2020: The National Assembly transacted its entire agenda on Wednesday and consumed 78 percent of its proceedings in discussion on public matters raised in the House…