ISLAMABAD, April 6, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) consumed more than two-third (69%) of its proceedings in points of order related to governance, health and education sectors, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Tuesday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of the 17th session:
- The House met for an hour and 56 minutes.
- The sitting started at 02:48 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker chaired the entire sitting while the deputy speaker was also present.
- The leaders of the House and the opposition were absent.
- Parliamentary leaders of BAP and PML-N attended the sitting.
- Tabled by an ANP lawmaker, the House adopted a supplementary resolution demanding the provincial government to contact federal government for ensuring relief measures to overseas Pakistanis in Saudi Arabia during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Two other private member’s resolutions of a PPPP lawmaker were deferred.
- The Minister for Local Government laid the Peshawar Development Authority (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021.
- The Minister for law introduced Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Urban Mass Transit (Amendment) Bill, 2021 while the Minister for Finance presented the 1st biannual monitoring report on the implementation of NFC Award (July-December, 2019)
Representation and Responsiveness
- A privilege motion of PML-N lawmaker against a revenue officer of Peshawar was referred to the relevant committee.
- Fifteen lawmakers spoke on point of order for an hour and 20 minutes. These POs were related to COVID-19 vaccination, inflation, governance and closure of schools in the province.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 9 (Friday), 2021 at 10:00 am.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on the observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted online by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 80% of its agenda and adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, April 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted three supplementary resolutions, says Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, April 11, 2021: NA-75 Sialkot-IV (Daska) by-election held on April 10, 2021 witnessed low incidences of electoral violations as procedures were generally transparent and…