Question Hour not observed due to absence of mover
ISLAMABAD, January 6, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly did not observe Question Hour due to absence of mover while Points of Order consumed 60% of the proceedings time, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) on Friday.
Following are key observations of the first proceedings of 36th session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hour and 34 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1612 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister also attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Fifteen lawmakers (23%) were present at the start and 25 (38%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, PML-N, PML and MWM were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Eighteen members applied for leave.
- Annual report of Balochistan Public Service Commission for the year 2015 was presented in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House passed a motion to fill vacant posts in three Standing Committees.
- The House did not observe Question Hour. All five Starred Questions were deferred on the request of the mover who didn’t attend the sitting.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on 13 Points of Order, consuming 57 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and issues related to law and order,…
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2020: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly concluded on Thursday after comprehensive debate on provincial matters including fencing in Gwadar city and…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up its regular business on Thursday to express condolence over the sad demise…