ISLAMABAD, March 6, 2021: Prime Minister Imran Khan got the vote of confidence in National Assembly and received 178 votes in his favor, observers Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Saturday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during first and last sitting of the 30th session:
- The National Assembly met for two hours and 10 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1219 hours against the scheduled time of 1215 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present. .
- The Leader of the House (Prime Minister) attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- One hundred and sixty-four (48%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 178 (52%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary Leaders of BAP, GDA, AMLP, PML, MQMP and JWP were present.
- Five minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Minister for Foreign Affairs tabled a resolution for vote of confidence in the Prime Minister as required under clause (7) of Article 91 of the Constitution which was adopted by the House. A total of 178 members voted in favor of resolution while two lawmakers including an Independent and MMAP lawmaker did not participate in voting process. The voting on the resolution was held as per Second Schedule of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in National Assembly, 2007.
- Four lawmakers and Prime Minister spoke in the House for an hour and 15 minutes after passage of the resolution.
Order and Institutionalization
- The entire opposition boycotted the session called for vote of confidence on Prime Minister.
- The Session was prorogued sine die.
- Orders of the Day was available to legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 80% of its agenda and adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, April 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted three supplementary resolutions, says Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, April 11, 2021: NA-75 Sialkot-IV (Daska) by-election held on April 10, 2021 witnessed low incidences of electoral violations as procedures were generally transparent and…