ISLAMABAD, June 26, 2019: The Provincial Assembly passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Finance Bill, 2019 amid protest by the opposition on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during sixth sitting of the seventh session:
- The Assembly met for two hours and a minute.
- The sitting started at 1034 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House attended the proceedings for an hour and five minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was not present in the House.
- Fifty-two legislators (42%) were present at the outset and 86 (69%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N and ANP attended the proceedings.
- All three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by the Finance Minister, the House passed the KP Finance Bill, 2019, amid protest by the opposition. After the passage of the bill, three lawmakers belonging to PTI, PML-N and ANP spoke on it for 34 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker spoke on a Point of Order consuming two minutes of the proceedings.
- The opposition staged a protest for 54 minutes when the government approved all the Demands for Grants taking the advantage of Rule 148, which is related to the voting on demands for grants.
- The House was later adjourned to meet again on June 27 (Thursday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 13, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills amid protest by the opposition, observes Free and Fair Election…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly addressed most of its agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers on Monday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly passed three government bills amid protest by the opposition during proceedings of the House, observes Free…