ISLAMABAD, June 14, 2019: The Provincial Government presented the Sindh Finance Bill, 2019 in the Assembly amid protest by the Opposition lawmakers on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during third sitting of the 5th session:
- The House met for an hour and nine minutes.
- The sitting started at 1700 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for 49 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House attended the proceedings for an hour and eight minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for 20 minutes.
- As many as 68 MPAs (41%) were present at the outset and 119 (72%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, TLP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- All nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The Chief Minister introduced the Sindh Finance Bill, 2019 in the House and also presented the Budget Statement for the year 2019-20 as well as and supplementary budget statement for the year 2018-19. His budget speech consumed 52 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Oppositions lawmakers protested during the entire budget speech of the Chief Minister.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 17, 2019 (Monday) at 1300 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly on Friday adopted five private members’ resolutions and discussed an adjournment motion related to murder of a political…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up any question related to the Home and Local Government Departments due to the absence of…
ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2020: Around two-thirds of registered voters for GBA-3 Gilgit-III came out to vote in a peaceful election held a week after the…