ISLAMABAD, June 17, 2020: The Provincial Government presented the Budget Statement for the Year 2020-21 in the Assembly amid protest by the Opposition lawmakers on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during second sitting of the 10th session:
- The House met for an hour and 44 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1510 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was present.
- The Leaders of the House and opposition Leader attended the entire proceedings.
- As many as 41 MPAs (24%) were present at the outset and 48 (29%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, GDA, TLP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- Four out of nine minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) presented the Budget Statement for the year 2020-21 as well as supplementary budget statement for the year 2019-20. His budget speech consumed an hour and one minute of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Oppositions lawmakers from MQM, PTI and GDA protested during the entire budget speech of the Chief Minister.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 20, 2020 (Saturday) at 1200 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, May 17, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday condemning Israeli atrocities against the people of Palestine, says Free and Fair…
Calls for a broader public debate and political discourse on the meaningful electoral reforms to enhance representation and inclusivity ISLAMABAD, May 11, 2021: The Free…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 7, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and concluded pre-budget discussion, observes Free and Fair Election Network…