ISLAMABAD, June 17, 2016: The Punjab Assembly continued the general discussion on the Budget 2016-17 on Friday during third sitting of 22nd session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Punjab Assembly met for three hours and 10 minutes.
- The sitting started at 0920 hours against the scheduled time 0900 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting,
- The Finance Minister attended the sitting for two hours and 48 minutes.
- 3 MPAs (1%) were present at outset and 50 (13%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader PPPP attended the sitting.
- Four minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eighteen lawmakers belonging to PML-N took part in the general discussion on budget consuming two hours and 43 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker spoke on a point of order consuming one minute of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on National Assembly website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 13, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab on Tuesday adopted two private members’ resolutions and disposed of 97 percent questions due to…
ISLAMABAD, October 12, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab discussed law and order situation in the province and referred four legislative proposals including two Ordinances to…
ISLAMABAD, October 9, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab discussed law and order situation in the province on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…