ISLAMABAD, June 17, 2016: The Punjab Assembly continued the general discussion on the Budget 2016-17 on Friday during third sitting of 22nd session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Punjab Assembly met for three hours and 10 minutes.
- The sitting started at 0920 hours against the scheduled time 0900 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting,
- The Finance Minister attended the sitting for two hours and 48 minutes.
- 3 MPAs (1%) were present at outset and 50 (13%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader PPPP attended the sitting.
- Four minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eighteen lawmakers belonging to PML-N took part in the general discussion on budget consuming two hours and 43 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker spoke on a point of order consuming one minute of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on National Assembly website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
Seven of Worst-Hit Countries have their Parliaments in Session to handle Pandemic ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2020: The Parliament and the provincial assemblies should take center…
77% Lawmakers Remain Inactive during Session ISLAMABAD, March 14, 2020: The Punjab Assembly left 68 percent of its scheduled business unaddressed during its 20th session…