ISLAMABAD, July 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Monday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the fourth sitting of 34th session:
- The House met for an hour and two minutes.
- The sitting started at 03:34 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The deputy speaker was also present
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 27 MPAs (five percent) were present at the outset and 67 (18 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leader attended the proceedings.
- One out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up the Provincial Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up eight out of 36 starred questions, while lawmakers asked 10 supplementary questions as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- Three lawmakers spoke on points of order for four minutes related to arrests of PML-N workers in Gujranwala.
- A PML-N lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 04:31 pm following which the Chair ordered the bells to be rung for five minutes. The quorum was found incomplete upon counting and the House was adjourned to meet again on Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 01:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…