ISLAMABAD, September 4, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Punjab on Friday adopted a private member’s supplementary resolution urging the provincial government to clean water drain and provide relief to the flood affected people of the mover’s constituency, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during third sitting of 24th session:
- The House met for an hour and seven minutes.
- The sitting started at 1123 hours against the scheduled time of 0900 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting for 30 minutes while the rest of the sitting was presided over by a member of panel of chairperson. The Speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition were not present during the sitting.
- Eighteen (4%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 30 (8%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary leader of PPPP and PRHP attended the proceedings.
- Two minority lawmakers were also present during the sitting.
- Moved as supplementary agenda by a PML lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a resolution urging the provincial government to clean the water drain and provide relief to the flood affected people of the lawmaker’s constituency.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up eight out of 20 starred questions while four questions were disposed of due to the absence of their movers, and eight other questions remained pending. In addition, lawmakers asked 16 supplementary questions.
- Due to the absence of relevant minister, the House deferred two adjournment motions regarding illegal water and sanitation connections and issues faced by the residents of an area due to bad and torn out infrastructure. Both adjournment motions were moved by PML-N lawmakers.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as four lawmakers spoke on Points of Order consuming eight minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 7, 2020 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on the Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed state of the education in the Province and witnessed introduction of a…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and consumed 43 percent of the proceedings’ time in debate on matters…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and debated an adjournment motion regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business,…