- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, October 13, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab on Tuesday adopted two private members’ resolutions and disposed of 97 percent questions due to the absence of relevant lawmakers, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during third (last) sitting of 25th session:
- The House met for an hour and two minutes.
- The sitting started at 1544 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 27 (7%) MPAs were present at the outset and 47 (13%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary leader of PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Sponsored by PML-N lawmakers, the House adopted two resolutions to construct crossovers (U-turns) on Multan Road Lahore to avoid traffic mess and provide canal water to villages in the constituency of PP-104.
- Two other resolutions on the agenda were disposed of due to absence of movers.
- A resolution sponsored by a female PML-N lawmaker was rejected which urged the government to decrease prices of medicines.
- Provincial Minister for Law responded to an adjournment motion regarding inappropriate attitude of a PTI officeholder with a women Post Master in Sahiwal.
- Another adjournment motion on the agenda was deferred due to absence of the relevant minister.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up only one out of 34 starred questions while remaining 33 questions were disposed of due to absence of movers.
- A privilege motion of PTI lawmaker against Auqaf Administration of `Bibi Pakdaaman Shrine’ was referred to the relevant committee.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as five lawmakers spoke on points of order for 20 minutes.
- The session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on the Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted eight supplementary resolutions after suspension of the rules, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed five government bills and adopted a resolution condemning publication of blasphemous caricatures in France, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday, condemning blasphemous caricatures as well as French president Emmanuel Macron’s hateful comments against…