ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab approved as many as 39 Demand for Grants of various departments on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
The House approved a total of 41 Demands for Grants so far during its ongoing budget session.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during ninth sitting of the 10th session:
- The House met for an hour and 45 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1614 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present during the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House attended the proceedings for 27 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for 41 minutes.
- The Finance Minister attended the proceedings for an hour and one minute.
- As many as 120 MPAs (32%) were present at the outset and 180 (49%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PRHP and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Six out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House approved a Demand for Grant for agriculture sector by rejecting cut motion on it. Eight PML-N lawmakers and the Minister Agriculture spoke on it for an hour and nine minutes.
- The House also approved 38 other Demands for Grants related to different public departments.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 26, 2019 (Wednesday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, January 29, 2020: The Punjab Assembly was prorogued sine die on Wednesday amidst a lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, January 28, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab, on Tuesday, left half of the Private Members’ agenda unaddressed due absence of the movers and…
ISLAMABAD, January 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab suspended its regular agenda on Monday to discuss privilege motion of Deputy Speaker against alleged misconduct of…