ISLAMABAD, March 8, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Punjab unanimously adopted a resolution paying tribute to women on the eve of International Women’s Day, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 13th sitting of the seventh session:
- The House met for an hour and 52 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1058 hours against the scheduled time of 0900 hours.
- A member of Panel of Chairpersons chaired the entire sitting in the absence of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker.
- The Leader of the House and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 40 MPAs (11%) were present at the outset and 25 (7%) at the adjournment of the sitting
- Only the Parliamentary Leader of RHP attended the proceedings.
- As many as three out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not hold general discussion on pre-budget.
- The House unanimously adopted a resolution paying tribute to women on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Chairperson Standing Committee on Specialized Healthcare and Education presented its report on the Pakistan Kidney and Liver Institute and Research Center Bill 2019.
- The House granted 60-day to three Special Committees for presentation of their reports on matters referred to them.
- The government answered eight out of 12 Starred questions while two questions were disposed of due to absence of movers and two others were deferred. In addition, the lawmaker asked 13 supplementary questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as 11 lawmakers spoke on Points of Order for 14 minutes.
- PML-N lawmakers staged a protest for one minute during the question hour against intervention of few ministers on the questions not related to their departments.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 11, 2019 (Monday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…