ISLAMABAD, January 26, 2021: The Punjab Assembly adopted three private members’ resolutions and deferred half of its agenda on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the second sitting of the 28th session:
- The House met for an hour and 38 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1552 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker and Deputy Speaker were absent while two Members of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the entire sitting.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 38 MPAs (12%) were present at the outset and 63 (20%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary leader of PRHP attended the sitting.
- As many as three out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- A bill – the University of Faisalabad (Amendment) Bill 2021 – was deferred.
- The House adopted two resolutions demanding the federal government to contact with Google and Wikipedia management to curb propaganda against caliphs of Islam and to declare District Chakwal as tourist destination.
- Tabled by a PTI lawmaker, the House adopted a supplementary resolution for naming Kahuta Azad Pattan Road in the name of MPA Muneera Yameen Satti Road who recently died due to coronavirus.
- Two resolutions on the agenda were withdrawn by their movers while one was disposed of due to absence of mover.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up six out of 37 starred questions while the lawmakers asked three supplementary questions as well.
- Minister for Law responded to a Zero Hour Notice regarding drug peddling activities in Lahore.
- Another Zero Hour Notice was deferred on the request of relevant minister.
- An adjournment motion on the agenda was deferred due to absence of mover.
Order and Institutionalization
- Seven lawmakers spoke on points of order for 18 minutes.
- The Session was adjourned to meet again on January 29, 2021 (Friday) at 0900 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…