ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab held a six-minute discussion on the annual performance of the Punjab Public Service Commission, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 10th sitting of the sixth session:
- The Assembly met for an hour and 28 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1101 hours against the scheduled time of 0900 hours.
- A member of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the entire sitting in the absence of the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 28 MPAs (8%) were present at the outset while 45 (12%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PPPP attended the proceedings.
- As many as four out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The Minister for Law presented the reports of the Special Committee-III on the Punjab Occupational Safety and Health Bill, 2019 and the Namal Institute Mianwali Bill, 2019. These bills were referred to committee on Monday, January 14, 2019.
- The House held a discussion on the Annual Report of the Punjab Public Service Commission for the Year 2016. The Minister for Law and a PTI lawmaker participated in the discussion that last for six minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The government responded to three out of nine Starred Questions while the remaining six questions were not taken up. These questions were addressed to the ministries of Revenue & Colonies, Irrigation and Disaster Management Authority. The lawmakers asked 13 supplementary questions as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as eight lawmakers raised Points of Order consuming nine minutes of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 21, 2019 (Monday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on the Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on the Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed state of the education in the Province and witnessed introduction of a…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and consumed 43 percent of the proceedings’ time in debate on matters…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and debated an adjournment motion regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business,…