ISLAMABAD, October 9, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab discussed law and order situation in the province on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of 25th session:
- The House met for two hours and 21 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1720 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 65 (17%) MPAs were present at the outset and 52 (14%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary leader of PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Five minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five out of 38 starred questions while lawmakers also asked 13 supplementary questions.
- As many as three lawmakers debated the law and order situation in the province consuming 45 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on October 12, 2020 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on the Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
ISLAMABAD, December 2, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted a resolution and witnessed the introduction of two government bills on Wednesday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, November 30, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan met for only four minutes on Monday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to low…
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly on Friday adopted five private members’ resolutions and discussed an adjournment motion related to murder of a political…