ISLAMABAD, September 3, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab discussed price control mechanism in the province, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during second sitting of 24th session:
- The House met for two hours and 51 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1617 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for 53 minutes while the Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and six minutes. The rest of the sitting was presided over by panel of chairperson.
- The Leaders of the House and Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 45 (12%) MPAs were present at the outset and 10 (2%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary leader of PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up nine out of 18 starred questions while two questions were disposed of due to absence of their movers and seven questions remained pending. In addition, lawmakers asked 16 supplementary questions.
- Due to absence of relevant minister, the House deferred three adjournment motions regarding banning of a hazardous plant, abolishing market committees by the government and corruption in tax department. The adjournment motions were moved by PTI and PML lawmakers.
- The Provincial Minister for Law responded to two Calling Attention Notices (CANs) regarding law and order.
- As many as 12 lawmakers discussed the price control mechanism in the province consuming an hour and 10 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as five lawmakers spoke on Points of Order consuming eight minutes.
- On the request of Law Minister the House deferred two privilege motions regarding government’s ignorance towards 1122 service and misconduct of an education officer with a lawmaker. The motions were moved by PML lawmakers.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 4, 2020 (Friday) at 0900 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on the Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network…