ISLAMABAD, December 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab held a discussion on the Annual Report of the Punjab Public Service Commission for the Year 2017, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during seventh sitting of the 17th session:
- The House met for 56 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1054 hours against the scheduled time of 0900 hours.
- A Member of the Panel of Chairpersons chaired the entire sitting.
- The Speaker and the Deputy Speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 15(4%) MPAs were present at the outset and 45(12%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders attended the proceedings.
- One out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House held a discussion on the Annual Report of the Punjab Public Service Commission for the Year 2017. The Minister for Law and a PTI lawmaker participated in the discussion for eight minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up three out of eight starred questions appearing on the list while the lawmakers asked seven supplementary questions.
- The government answered only one out of four Adjournment Motions (AM) appearing on agenda. Three AMs were deferred due to the absence of the relevant ministers.
- A Zero Hour Notice of a PML-N lawmaker remained unaddressed due to ministerial absence.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as four lawmakers spoke on five Points of Order consuming seven minutes of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on December 30, 2019 (Monday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on the Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 21, 2020: The Sindh Assembly adopted a resolution on Wednesday condemning the Pakistan Islands Development Authority Ordinance and demanded the federal…
ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2020: The absence of provincial cabinet ministers during first sitting of the 28th session of Balochistan Assembly led to the adjournment of proceedings,…
ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2020: The Senate sitting was adjourned on Tuesday amid lack of quorum and opposition’s walkout from the proceedings, observes Free and Fair…