ISLAMABAD, June 20, 2016: The Punjab Assembly suspended its regular agenda to offer tribute to a deceased lawmaker on Monday during fourth sitting of 22nd session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Punjab Assembly met for 35 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1147 hours against the scheduled time 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister and the Finance Minister did not attend the sitting,
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- 41 MPAs (11%) were present at outset and 62 (16%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader PPPP attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eleven lawmakers offered their tribute to the deceased PTI lawmaker Sadeeq Khan. They consumed 22 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on two Points of Order consuming two minutes of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on National Assembly website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
Seven of Worst-Hit Countries have their Parliaments in Session to handle Pandemic ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2020: The Parliament and the provincial assemblies should take center…
77% Lawmakers Remain Inactive during Session ISLAMABAD, March 14, 2020: The Punjab Assembly left 68 percent of its scheduled business unaddressed during its 20th session…
ISLAMABAD, March 13, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued sine die on Friday without holding a scheduled discussion on the Orange Line Metro,…