ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2021: The Punjab Assembly passed the Punjab Finance Bill 2021 and referred another government bill to relevant committee for consideration, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) on Friday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the ninth sitting of the 33rd session:
- The House met for 20 minutes.
- The sitting started at 03:58 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The deputy speaker was not present.
- The leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the sitting for 14 minutes.
- The opposition leader was not present.
- As many as 39 MPAs (11 percent) were present at the outset and 247 (67 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PRHP attended the proceedings.
- As many as four out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by the Provincial Minister for Finance, the House passed the Punjab Finance Bill 2021. He also laid the Schedule of Authorized Expenditure for the year 2021-2022.
- The House witnessed introduction of the Ghazi National Institute of Engineering and Sciences, Dera Ghazi Khan Bill 2021 which was referred to the relevant committee for deliberation.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, June 28, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…