ISLAMABAD, March 2, 2021: The Punjab Assembly passed three Private Members’ bills and adopted two resolutions on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the third sitting of the 30th session:
- The House met for 39 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1532 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 37 MPAs (10%) were present at the outset and 69 (19%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the Parliamentary Leader attended the sitting.
- As many as two out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House passed three Private Members’ bills including the Punjab Emergency Service (Amendment) Bill, 2021; the Punjab Transparency and Right to Information (Amendment) Bill, 2021 and the Times Institute Multan (Amendment) Bill 2021.
- The House adopted two private members’ resolutions which demanded to ensure free education to the children between the age of five to 16 years and promotion of 10,000 Graduate English teachers.
- Three resolutions on the agenda were deferred due to absence of relevant movers.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up two out of 19 starred questions while the lawmakers also asked two supplementary questions.
- The House did not take up two Zero Hour Notices regarding deteriorated road in Sargodha and COVID-19 vaccination of health workers in District Chiniot.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two lawmakers spoke on points of order for two minutes.
- The Session was adjourned to meet again on March 5, 2021 (Friday) at 0900 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 80% of its agenda and adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, April 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted three supplementary resolutions, says Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, April 11, 2021: NA-75 Sialkot-IV (Daska) by-election held on April 10, 2021 witnessed low incidences of electoral violations as procedures were generally transparent and…