ISLAMABAD, June 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab started discussion on Supplementary budget 2018-19, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Thursday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 11th sitting of the 10th session:
- The House met for two hours and 36 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1628 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting for 34 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- The Provincial Minister for Finance attended the proceedings for two hours and 34 minutes.
- As many as 120 MPAs (32%) were present at the outset and 70 (19%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PRHP attended the proceedings.
- Six out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as 22 lawmakers participated in debate on the Supplementary Budget 2018-19 consuming an hour and 53 minutes. The Provincial Minister for Finance also spoke on it for two minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- PML-N lawmakers protested thrice during the proceedings against the ruling party which criticized the previous government on the supplementary budget and did not allow them to respond the criticism. These protests overall consumed 17 minutes of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 28, 2019 (Friday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, January 24, 2020: The Senate deferred 42 percent of its regular agenda on Friday and discussed a report of the Standing Committee on Rules…
ISLAMABAD, January 24, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab, on Friday, continued discussing the issues concerning Indian atrocities in Kashmir, inflation and security situation in the…
ISLAMABAD, January 23, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab discussed the issues concerning Indian atrocities in Kashmir, inflation and security situation in the country, observes…