ISLAMABAD, February 2, 2016: The Punjab Assembly deferred the entire agenda of private members’ day due to absence of the Provincial Minister for Law on Tuesday during third sitting of its 19th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
There were five private members’ resolutions on the agenda.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Punjab Assembly met for an hour and 59 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1055 hours against the scheduled time 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceeding.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for an hour and ten minutes.
- 5 MPAs (1%) were present at outset and 50 (13%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and JI were present.
- Five minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The government orally responded to eight out of 16 starred questions appearing on agenda while one question was deferred. The lawmakers also asked 18 supplementary questions.
- The House admitted four adjournment motions for discussion.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on 13 points of order consuming 18 minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2021: The Punjab Assembly passed four private members’ bills and adopted two resolutions on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, November 22, 2021: The Punjab Assembly adopted one resolution and deferred question hour on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) it its…
ISLAMABAD, November 19, 2021: The Punjab Assembly deferred question hour on Friday due to absence of relevant minister and parliamentary secretary, observes Free and Fair…