ISLAMABAD, May 5, 2021: The Punjab Assembly transacted entire agenda amid absence of the leaders of the House and the opposition on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the second sitting of the 31st session:
- The House met for an hour and 19 minutes.
- The sitting started at 02:30 pm against the scheduled time of 11:30 am.
- The speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The deputy Speaker was absent.
- The leader of the House (chief minister) and the opposition leader did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 41 MPAs (11 percent) were present at the outset and 46 (12 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PPPP attended the sitting while parliamentary leader of Pakistan Rah-e-Haq (PRH) was absent.
- One out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Minister for public prosecution laid the Performance Audit Report on District Headquarter Hospitals Hafizabad for the Audit Year 2017-18 which was referred to the Public Accounts Committee-II.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up six out of 30 starred questions related to Prisons Department. Besides, the lawmakers asked seven supplementary questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- Six lawmakers spoke on points of order for 24 minutes which were related to legislative agenda considered by the House during the last sitting.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 11:30 am.
- ‘List of Business’ was available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by SANGAT Development Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The National Assembly continued debate on the federal budget 2021-22 and consumed 95 percent of proceedings’ time on it, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan continued debate on the provincial annual budget for the financial year 2021-2022 amid absence of opposition lawmakers,…
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2021: The Punjab Assembly adopted three resolutions and deferred question hour due to absence of relevant minister, observes Free and Fair Election…