ISLAMABAD, September 15, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab (PAP) lawmakers voted on Thursday to elect two senators from Punjab, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Factsheet.
Below are the key observations during the voting process that took place in PAP:
- The voting continued from 0900 hours to 1600 hours in the PAP hall.
- Provincial Election Commissioner performed the duties of the Presiding Officer.
- A total of 367 out of sitting 369 lawmakers voted in the election of the Senate.
- As many as seven ballots cast for general seat and nine ballots cast for seat reserved for women were rejected during the counting.
- PTI Candidate on the general seat Waleed Iqbal got 184 votes against 176 votes of PML-N Candidate Saud Majeed.
- PTI Candidate on seat reserved for women Seemi Azidi secured 183 votes against 175 votes of PML-N Candidate Saira Afzal Tarar.
This report is based on direct observation of the Senate Elections in Punjab Assembly conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab left most of the agenda unaddressed during Private Members’ day, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, December 30, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab took up entire agenda appearing on Orders of the Day on Monday and unanimously passed the…
ISLAMABAD, December 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab held a discussion on the Annual Report of the Punjab Public Service Commission for the Year…