- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, July 16, 2019: The National Assembly did not take up its scheduled business on Tuesday and discussed the issues concerning accountability and economy, observers Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first and only sitting of the 12th session:
- The National Assembly met for two hours and 57 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1418 hours instead of the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 45 (13%) were present at the outset and 54 (16%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N and ANP attended the sitting.
- As many as four out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up regular business appearing on the agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as 15 lawmakers spoke on Points of Order consuming two hours and 40 minutes of the proceedings.
- The session was prorogued sine die.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is available on the National Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, July 13, 2020: The National Assembly (NA) on Monday left the legislative agenda unaddressed and started debate on the agricultural policy of the government,…
ISLAMABAD, July 13, 2020: The Senate referred eight private members’ bills to the relevant committees after their introduction in the House and adopted three resolutions…
ISLAMABAD, July 10, 2020: The National Assembly addressed its entire agenda on Friday and discussed agriculture and tourism related issues through points of order, says…