ISLAMABAD, July 20, 2018: The Senate held discussion on a Motion under Rule 218 regarding prevailing law and order and political situation in the country on Friday, observes the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of first sitting of 280th session requisitioned by the treasury lawmakers:
- The Senate met for three hours and ten minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1430 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hours and four minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was not present.
- Parliamentary leaders of ANP and MQM attended the sitting.
- Twelve members (11% of the total membership – 104) were present at the outset and seven (6%) at the end of sitting.
- None of the minority lawmaker attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House held discussion on a Motion under Rule 218 regarding prevailing law and order and political situation in country. As many as 16 lawmakers participated in the discussion consuming two hours and 50 minutes while Minister for Interior spoke for seven minutes about measures to maintain law and order.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers did not raise any point of order.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on July 21, 2018 (Saturday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 24, 2020: The Senate deferred 42 percent of its regular agenda on Friday and discussed a report of the Standing Committee on Rules…
ISLAMABAD, January 21, 2020: The Senate referred back reports on two legislative proposals including the Anti-Money Laundering (Amendment) Bill, 2019 to the Standing Committee on…
ISLAMABAD, January 20, 2020: The Senate adopted four resolutions and debated ongoing wheat and flour crisis in the country, says Free and Fair Election Network…