ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2018: The Provincial Finance Minister presented the budget for the financial year 2018-19 with an outlay of 648 billion in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly on Monday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of 3rd session:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for an hour and 22 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1520 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Seventy-five members (60%) were present at the start and 78 (63%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, PML-N and ANP attended the sitting.
- Three newly elected members of the House took the oath.
- All three minority members were present.
- The Finance Minister presented the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Finance Bill 2018 along with the Annual Budget Statement for the fiscal year 2018-2019 and the Supplementary Budget Statement for the year 2017-2018. The total volume of the Budget 2018-19 is rupees 648 billion.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Opposition lawmakers staged a walkout for fifteen minutes against the Chair’s attitude who did not allow them to speak on floor of the House.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on October 18, 2018 (Thursday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills concerning the vagrancy and protection of women against harassment at workplaces…
ISLAMABAD, January 13, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills on Monday providing for setting up and regulating the tourist facilities,…
ISLAMABAD, January 10, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) left half of its agenda unaddressed on Friday and passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Civil Administration…