ISLAMABAD, June 17, 2020: The Senate adopted recommendations of a Standing Committee on the Members of Parliament (Salaries and Allowances) (Amendment) Bill, 2020 and also debated the federal budget 2020-21 on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 6th sitting of 299th session:
- The House met for three hours and four minutes.
- The sitting started at 1603 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was not present.
- As many as 17 lawmakers (16%) were present at the outset and 15 (14%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and JUI-F attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers were also present.
- On behalf of Chairman Standing Committee on Finance, Revenue and Economic Affairs, a member of the Committee presented report of the Standing Committee on the Money Bill, the Members of Parliament (Salaries and Allowances) (Amendment) Bill, 2020.
- The House considered and adopted the recommendations of Standing Committee on Finance, Revenue and Economic Affairs on the Members of Parliament (Salaries and Allowances) (Amendment) Bill, 2020. The bill aims at utility of 25 air tickets provided to the parliamentarians in a year for their family members as well.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Nine lawmakers participated in the debate on federal Budget 2020-21 consuming two hour and 48 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two lawmakers including Minster for Industries and Production and a PML-N Senator spoke on points of order for three minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 19, 2020 (Friday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
Budget Session Prorogued after PM Speech ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2020: The National Assembly concluded its budget session on Tuesday after speech of Prime Minister in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…