ISLAMABAD, January 20, 2016: The Senate unanimously adopted a resolution on Wednesday to condemn terrorist attack on Bacha Khan University Charsadda, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Senate met for 4 hours and 31 minutes.
- The sitting started at its scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The House had a break for 14 minutes.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was present in entire sitting.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire sitting.
- The Opposition Leader attended the sitting for 3 hours and 6 minutes.
- Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- Twenty eight (29%) senators were present at the start and 32(33%) at the time of adjournment.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML-N, MQM, PkMAP, BNP-M and JUI-F were present.
- The House unanimously adopted a resolution to condemn terrorist attack on Bacha Khan University Charsadda.
- The House adopted amendment in rules 173 (sub-rule 1) and 257 (insertion of new sub-rule after sub-rule 2).
- Chairman, Standing Committee on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development presented report on the Minimum Wages for Unskilled Workers (Amendment) Bill, 2015.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Chair did not admit an adjournment motion for discussion regarding visits of Prime Minister and Chief of Army Staff to Iran and Saudi Arabia.
- The House took up a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding the recent acute shortage of wheat (flour) in Gilgit Baltistan.
- Nine starred questions appearing on the agenda were answered by the relevant departments while the Senators also raised 15 supplementary questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- Senators spoke on 39 Points of order (POs) for 167 minutes.
- Ten matters of public importance consumed sixteen minutes of the sitting’s time.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
To download the factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, June 21, 2021: The Senate passed two government bills on Monday and adopted a condolence resolution on the demise of former Senator Usman Khan…
ISLAMABAD, June 18, 2021: The Senate continued debate on Finance Bill, 2021 and referred four government bills to the relevant committees for further consideration, observes…
ISLAMABAD, June 15, 2021: The Senate continued debate on Finance Bill, 2021 and witnessed introduction of six government bills, which were referred to the relevant…